Sunday, September 14, 2008

**Sneak Peak*** Todays Shoot.....

Alrighty, Finally I have 5 minutes of free time and I am SOOOO excited to blog about todays shoot.  Today I had a Session with Clinton and Susanna.  They are the Bride and Groom for my October Wedding.  Susanna is Drop Dead Gorgeous and Clinton is just really comfortable and at ease and Pretty Good Lookin' also.  ;)  Anywho, Todays shoot started out like most other shoots and turned into something Spectacular.  

Ever have one of those moments where everything just falls into place?  It's like Good Karma.  ;)  Perfect Client, Perfect Location, Great Weather, Beautiful Sunset.... Can't ask for much more.  Anyway, Back to how the shoot Started.....

We went to a Local Park here in Newport News to take some photos.  We started out in this really cool tree and then moved across the street to the Private Beach.  Well, Once we were done there, I wanted to Sneak down the road to this Private Driveway that is just soo amazing and romantic.  We did a few shots at the top of the driveway and then we started talking about how it was such an amazing location... (think long secluded driveway with trees arching overhead leading to a hanging bench swing overlooking the bay.  Doesn't get much more beautiful than that.)  Well, we decided to make a go of it and see if the Owner of the Home would possibly let us take a few shots there.  The owner, Nan, was outside when we walked up and she was FANTASTIC~!  We introduced ourselves and asked if we could shoot there and I was sooo surprised that she said yes.  I mean, We had come traipsing down her private driveway and bothered her while she was out chillin' drinking a glass of Champagne.  Well, Nan was Great.  The house was Beautiful so we asked the History.  Come to find out, It is the OLDEST pre-Civil was home still standing in the Newport News area.  The home was built by a Confederate Ship Captain in the 1800's.  During the Civil War, the home was used as a Army Hospital.  To top it all off, the Captain's ship sank somewhere in the Harbor that the house overlooks.  It was such an awesome story.  Well, we all fell in love with the house Architecturally, but Clinton is an Army Nurse so he felt a special Connection to the Home.  So, Amazing story leads to Amazing photos.

Nan, If you read this..... We are SOOOOO Grateful to you that you allowed up access to you Beautiful and Secluded Home.  Thank you for the wonderful conversation and opportunity.  We spoke briefly about possibly shooting there again and I sincerely hope that we can make that happen.  Thank You again .

So, I've only edited about 60 photos from the over 750 that I took today (more than I have EVER taken during a session that wasn't a wedding.)

Here are a few of my Favorites.  Enjoy and Please leave me some Comments.



















No comments: